Welcome to Healthglob.com/ | Health News & Tips
Do you think going out in the sun will eat away your healthy glowing skin?Especially for women who step out really often, it is tough to maintain optimum levels of fairness without tanning. The increased susceptibility to the UV rays of the sun not results in skin tanning, but also increases the problems of dark patches and wrinkles. Natural remedies are the best way to remove sunburn and skin tan. The sun can do much more damage than simply give you a painful sunburn. Dermatologists (skin doctors) say that prolonged exposure to sunlight causes brown spots; red, scaly spots; drying and wrinkling; and, worst of all, skin cancer.
Tips on how to protect your skin from sun rays naturally
1. Avoid the sun as much as you can.
2. Secondly, if you have to step out, do so before ten in the morning when the sun rays are not harsh.
3. Use a good sunscreen from a reliable company with SPF of 40 or above. Applying sunscreen creams and lotions on the skin before going out into the sun helps in protecting the skin from the harsh UV-A and UV-B rays of the sun. The sunscreen lotion should be applied at least 15 to 30 minutes before going out in the sun.
4. Usage of sunglasses, hats and other accessories minimizes the UV radiations from reaching your body. Opt for a wide-brimmed hat instead of caps because it provides complete protection to your entire face. Scarves are the best when it comes to protecting your necks, arms, hands, ears from sunlight.
5. Avoid using perfumes before going out in the Sun as psoralen present in perfumes can combine with sun light and damage your skin permanently.
6. After swimming in the pool in sun, ensure that you take a shower. Chlorinated water hastens the tanning process.
7. Keep yourself hydrated at all times by drinking at least 15 to 20 glasses of water throughout the day. This also helps in preventing skin dryness and keeping the skin moisturized.
8. It is important to keep the skin of the face fresh and clean by washing it with cold water 3 to 4 times a day, face cleansers should not be used more than twice per day.
9. You can apply natural aloe vera gel on your face once you get home to reverse the effect of sun burn or sun spots.
10. Tomato pulp can be applied to the face directly as well. It not only absorbs the excess oil, but also regulates the circulation of blood.
11. Honey, combined with curd or lemon juice, will kill any blemish, tan or skin pigmentation bothering you. It has healing properties and is known as a cleanser.
12. Opt for cool showers in order to keep the skin fresh and hydrated rather than warm showers.
Here are 4 simple homemade remedies to protect your skin from sun tan.
Lemon and Aloe Vera Face Pack
Lemon is one of the best citrus fruits that have rich medicinal and cosmetic benefits. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and an antioxidant which combats the free radicals that accumulate on skin surfaces.It is rich in vitamin C,and the intake of lemon juice would fetch you a glowing skin. Aloe vera on the other side is a short stemmed succulent plant that produces six antiseptics. These natural antiseptics have the super power to kill any kind of bacteria,fungi and viruses that settle on the skin due to pollution, dust and other reasons.Make a paste of lemon juice and aloe vera.Apply this onto the tanned area of the skin and allow it to dry.You need to apply this paste twice or thrice a day to cleanse and prevent your skin from getting tanned from time-to-time. This is also an effective cure for dark circles around eyes.
Curd and Gram Flour Face Pack
Curd is used as a great exfoliating agent that removes dead skin cells and also moisturizes the skin deeply. Gram flour is widely used in whitening your skin and it really helps in giving an instant glow to your skin. Take curd and gram flour in equal quantities and mix well by adding lemon juice in proportions.Apply this paste to face, neck and other body parts such as hands and feet.Pat it dry and wash it with warm water. This can be applied twice a week which ultimately results in soft glowing skin.
Turmeric Powder, Yogurt and Honey Face Pack
Turmeric powder is best known antiseptic/anti- bacterial agent. Honey is one of the best natural moisturizing agents that helps skin retain its supple and elastic nature. Make a thick paste by mixing all the three ingredients well. Apply this pack on the dried skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Later, rinse it off with cold water. This pack helps in moisturizing and radiating your skin under the dire circumstances.
Sandal wood and Rosewater Face Pack
Sandalwood has soothing and cooling properties of sandalwood make it the perfect remedy for relieving sun tan and severe sunburn. Rose water can be used as a cleanser,toner and leaves you with a refreshing feeling.Mix the two, form a paste and apply it on your face. This will clean your face and also reverse the tanning effects from sun damage.