Welcome to Healthglob.com/ | Health News & Tips
If there is any celebration or any family get together, the only main thing that comes to our mind is ‘food’.However,with all those delicious recipes in your mind, you are likely to get confused on what to prepare.We are here to help you out with that.Lemon Chicken is one of the best dishes that you can cook for any occasion. This is also one of the recipes which is much similar to the ones that your mum cooks and is most popular perhaps because the chicken is marinated in lemon juice and white wine, or that it’s topped with a dash of brown sugar.This popularity of the recipe could also be because it is baked in a citrus broth mixture to succulent perfection. Do you have lemons at home?If not, then you need to stock up some of them since this Lemon Chicken is going to become a weeknight staple.
Six boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Half a cup of flour
One tbsp lemon zest
One tsp kosher salt
Half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Four tablespoon olive oil, divided in half
One-fourth cup packed brown sugar
Half a cup of chicken broth
One-fourth cup of fresh lemon juice
Six lemon slices
One tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for topping
Three-fourth cups of fresh lemon juice
One-fourth cup of olive oil
One-fourth cup of dry white wine
1. Firstly, you need to combine olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, and chicken breasts in a big glass bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for around four hours or more, but preferably overnight.
2. Now you need to preheat the oven to 350°F. The 13-x-9-inch baking dish should now be coated with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Later on, in a medium bowl, mix salt, flour, lemon zest, and pepper. Remove the chicken from marinade (discard the rest of the marinade) and gently coat in flour mixture. Shake off if there is any excess.
4. In a big skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium flame. Now combine half the chicken breasts and then cook them until it has been browned, nearly 3 minutes each side. This browned chicken now needs to be transferred to the prepared baking dish and then repeat with the remaining 2 tbsp oil and chicken, adding to the baking dish in a single layer.
5. Lastly, sprinkle some brown sugar over the chicken breasts. Then pour chicken broth and lemon juice around the prepared chicken. Top individual chicken breast with a slice of lemon and then bake it for 20 minutes. Garnish this with toasted sesame seeds.
It will serve around six heads.